Neem Plant Uses and Benefits
In Ayurveda Neem plant/tree has many benefits, it is the source of natural medicine for many diseases. It is a God gifted plant on the Earth. We can find this Neem plant around our surroundings, even the air of the Neem plant is very good for health.
If we eat daily it controls our blood sugar levels in the body. It is the best Medicine for Diabetes. It can be used as Face pack also. Taste of Neem plant is Bitter but if you consume daily you will feel that leaves are very sweet.
We include the flowers of the Neem plant in our Festival like Ugadi(New Year for Andhra Pradesh & Telangana People).
Neem tea is really very good drink for health. Following are some more benefits, uses, and its healing properties.
Neem Plant Information
- Ayurvedic name: Neem.
- Botanical Name : Azadirachta Indica which means Azad(free) dirakhta(tree).
- Family : Member of Mahogany family(meliaceae).
- Origin: Indian Origin
- Places grown : India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. It typically is grown in tropical and semi-tropical regions. Neem trees now also grow in islands located in the southern part of Iran. Its fruits and seeds are the source of Neem oil.
- Neem Physical properties: Neem is a divine tree and mainly cultivated in the Indian subcontinent. Neem has been used extensively by human kind to treat various ailments. Since, prehistoric times Neem has been used by humankind.
Neem is a tree.The bark, leaves, and seeds are used in Ayurvedic Medicine. Less frequently, the root, flower, and fruit are also used. The root ,stem, fruits and leaves are used in tonics and astringent.
Neem Plant Uses
- Neem is the hero of all the fever remedies.
- It works as a good antibiotic for leprosy, Eye disorders like conjunctive eyes, bloody nose, intestinal worms, stomach upset, loss of appetite, skin ulcers, diseases of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), fever, diabetes, gum disease (gingivitis), and liver.
- The bark is used as an anti-toxin for malaria, stomach and intestinal ulcers, skin diseases, pain, and fever. It acts as antibiotic for skin while measles.
- The bloom(flower) is used for reducing bile, controlling mucus, and treating intestinal worms.
- The fruit is used for hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, urinary tract disorders, bloody nose, mucus, eye disorders, diabetes, wounds, and leprosy.
- Neem branch(small)are used for cold cough, asthma, hemorrhoids, intestinal worms, low sperm levels, urinary disorders, and diabetes(the bitterness of the leaf helps in reducing the blood sugar. Daily consumption of Neem leaves keeps the sugar in control.
- People in the tropical region sometimes chew Neem twigs instead of using toothbrushes helps from gum bleeding and cavity.
- The seed and seed oil are used for leprosy and intestinal worms. Neem oil is also used for hair which gives relief from headache and hair fall.
- Some people apply Neem directly to the skin to treat head lice, skin diseases, wounds, and skin ulcers; works as a mosquito repellent; and as a skin softener.
- Neem leaves extract prevents foul & odor from body and protects skin against various fungal infections; likewise use for shower.
Neem Plant Benefits
- Prevents pimples.
- Boots immune system.
- Beneficial in treating Acne.
- Gives relief from bad breath.
- Helps to protect against diabetes.
- Effective in treating Malaria symptoms.
- Protects teeth gums against oral infections.
- Lower risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- Provides relief from constipation, bloating and cramping.
- Helps to treat or prevent certain sexual transmitted diseases.
Neem Oil Uses
- Neem oil is a natural Skin care, cause it contains high anti-oxidants(Neem oil, when used as a soap, is antimicrobial and helps people suffering from skin diseases such as acne, rashes(soothe irritation).
- Neem oil stimulate collagen products, which is good for aging skin.
- Neem Oil works as Mosquito repellent and for pests (even it is a slow process but really works).
- Oil controls Hair fall and to get ride of lice(mix(1:1 ratio or 1:2 ratio either is ok) Neem oil with coconut oil and apply to kids to get rid of lice.
- Oil reduces Pigmentation.
- Controls the Insects for Indoor plants.
You may also be Interested to know about Medicinal uses of Tulsi
You may like to purchase Neem oil click here: