Ayurvedic home remedies for Asthma
Ayurvedic home remedies for asthma helps us to control wheezing naturally at home. Let us know what Asthma is? what are the symptoms of Asthma? Causes and remedies of Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease of the airways. It is a condition in which the person always become inflamed, narrow and swell and produce extra mucus which makes it difficult to breathe. Asthma is minor and it involves in daily activities but sometimes it may cause life threatening situation.The following has symptoms of asthma, causes of asthma and ayurvedic home remedies of asthma:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Caugh wheezing
- Chest tightness
- Fast heart rate
- Throat irritation
CAUSES OF ASTHMA
Asthma is caused by inhaling an allergen that sets of the chain of bio chemical and tissue changes leading to airway inflammatory, bronchoconstruction and wheezing.
The most common inhaled allergens that triggers Asthma attacks are
- Animal danders
- Mites in house dust
- Airborne industrial pollutants
- Inhaling tobacco smoke
- Inhaling cold air
- Stress or high level of anxiety.
Natural and Ayurvedic home remedies for asthma
There are different ayurvedic home remedies for asthma they are
- MUSTARD OIL: Mustard oil is very useful treating for the people who are suffering wirh asthma . massaging eith mustard oil will clear respiratory passage and restore normal breathing.
The process of using Mustard oil is
- Heat some mustard oil eith little camphor
- Transfer it in a bowl and when it is comfortably warm, gently rub it on chest and upper back and massage,
- Do this several times until a day the symptoms subside.
2. GINGER: Ginger is a well known treatment for various ailments including asthma. Ginger reduce the airway inflammatory and inhibit airway contraction. Ginger has compounds that enhance muscle relaxant effects of asthma drugs .
Using of ginger for treating asthma is also one of them in Asthma remedies
- Mix equal quantities of ginger juice, pomegranate juice and honey. Consume one tablespoon of this mixture two or three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon of ground ginger in one and a half cups of water and take one tablespoon of this mixture at bedtime.
- Cut one inch of ginger into small pieces and add it to a pot of boiling water. Let it steep for five minutes, allow it to cool down and then drink it.
- To detoxify your lungs, prepare a fenugreek decoction by boiling one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a cup of water and mixing one teaspoon each of ginger juice and honey in it.
- Drink this solution every morning and evening.
- You can also eat raw ginger mixed with salt.
3.EUCALYPTUS OIL: Eucalyptus oil is very effective in treating asthma. Eucalyptus oil has a chemical called Eucalyptol which can help break up mucus
- Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on a paper towel and keep it on your head when sleeping so that you breathe in the aroma.
- Eucalyptus oil of two to three drops in a pot of boiling water and breathe in the steam.
4.OMEGA-3 FOODS: Omega 3 is found in oily fish mackerel, sardines, orange roughy, trout, tuna. Omega 3 lower the incidence of asthma significantly because they reduce airway inflammation and immune system reactivity.
5. GARLIC: Garlic has been used as a natural remedy to manage many diseases particularly cardiovascular diseases because of its anti- inflammatory properties. Asthma is a inflammatory disease so that it may help in relieving the symptoms of asthma.
6.YOGA: Yoga has in depth potential to prevent such attacks without using drugs. Asanas and meditation helps in treating asthma. Long breathing exercises really help very much for asthma people. If you do daily long breathing exercises asthma will be in control.
Other Ayurvedic home remedies of asthma
Some of the other foods used in treating asthma are
- Lemon juice
- Green leafy vegetables
Some of the foods should be reduced for treating asthma
- Ice cream
- Spicy and pungent foods
Above are the powerful and natural ayurvedic home remedies for asthma.
Have you read my article about Hypertension?