Most of mosquito repellent plants are surrounded around our houses.When Spring enters annoying mosquitoes are the guests to our houses . Even we use so many mosquito repellents also there may be of no use and if you use bat for swatting also all mosquitoes are not completely vanish from home, we still listen the buzz from our guests(mosquitoes).
Is chemical mosquito repellent is good for health?
Naturally no, because it cause irritation to kids and gives Pungent smell. The most common chemical mosquito repellent used around the world is DEET, discovered in 1953. With concerns also rising about the potential toxicity effects of DEET, specifically for kids, you might not want to coat your kid, yard, and pool area with chemicals. There are now many DEET free mosquito repellents available that provide relief. Flowers are used in mosquito-repelling incense and coils sold around the world, and chrysanthemum flower oil is often added to repellents meant to be sprayed or rubbed onto the skin.
Mosquito bite causes different kinds of fever’s like Dengue fever, west Nile virus, and chikungunya fever, repelling mosquitoes has taken on a brand new urgency. You may also keep mosquitoes in fear by adding mosquito repellent plants around the pool area along with other outdoor spaces.
what are the best plants that repel mosquitoes?
Here are some common, east-to grow plants that repel mosquitoes.
Mosquito repellent plants like
- Lavender Flower,
- Citronella Grass and Lemon Grass,
- Eucalyptus Oil/Tree,
- Marigold Plant and
- Horse Mint or Bee Balm we will see one by one following
Lavender mosquito repellent
- Lavender is a blossoming , fragrant herbs(humans also enjoy the fragrant of the lavender) which is associated with the mint family Lamiacea. Lavenders are local to the Mediterranean district and southeast areas of India.
- The oil removed from the blue-violet blossoms can be utilized as a characteristic anti-agents against annoying mosquitoes.
- Not at all like a few oils that are utilized to avoid bugs, lavender oil isn’t burned in flame frame or sprayed as an aerosol. It can directly apply on the skin which repels mosquitoes(as mosquitoes hate the scent smell of lavender) .
- The benefit of using lavender oil over other chemical repellents is that it is completely natural & safe, also nourishes the skin with no side-effects – unlike other synthetic repellents. Moreover, the aroma is also pleasant when compared to the strong-smelling mosquito repellent creams.
Citronella Grass , Lemon Grass and Lemon balm mosquito repellent
- Citronella is the most well known ingredient utilized in mosquito repellents. It’s got a distinctive fragrance that masks other mosquito attractants, makes it harder for the critters to find you.
- Citronella is available in torches, scented candles, along with other products, but the living plant has a stronger odor therefore its mosquito repellent properties are stronger.
- Citronella is frequently confused with lemongrass, and while both of these plants are cousins, citronella varieties are mosquito repellent plants.
- They thrive in direct sunlight, but must be thought about background plants in the landscape and placed behind small flowers and shrubs. Look for the true varieties of Citronella winterianus or Cybopogon nardus(Botanical Name).
- You might find other plants labeled Citronella scented, but these aren’t really plants that repel mosquitoes
- This oil can be placed directly on the skin to act as a mosquito repellent, or mixed with other oils and liquids to make repellents.
Eucalyptus Oil/Tree and Neem Oil: Regular oil from the eucalyptus tree repulses bugs, for example, mosquitoes, sand flies, ticks, midges, stable flies and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. It also works for delicate skin. Neem oil is also a good repellent for mosquitoes.
Marigold mosquito repellent
A hardy, annual plant, marigolds are frequently found in ornamental gardens. They’ve a strong, distinctive odor which repels mosquitoes and some gardeners. Marigolds also contain Pyrethrum, a chemical found in several insect repellents.
Potted marigolds can be kept near entrances to your home and any common mosquito entry points, such as open windows. The smell may stop mosquitoes from going past this barrier. While marigolds can be used as border plants around the terrace, we do not advise putting marigolds on the terrace since the bright blooms may attract bugs.
Horse Mint or Bee Balm
Horsemint is also called Bee balm, is among the mosquito repelling plants which works in much the same way as citronella. Both are from same family i.e Mint family. It emits a strong odor that masks the scent of the regular mosquito hosts. Additionally to its mosquito repellent properties, the leaves of this plant can be dried for herbal tea. Its flowers attract bees and butterflies, making it an all around valuable plants for any garden or pool area.
So guys Instead of going with chemicals(cause the smell cause discomfort for us as well as kids), so above are the collection of mosquito repelling plants to make mosquito control more naturally.
Have You Read my previous article?click the below link :