Licorice Root Or Glycyrrhiza glabra
What is Glycyrrhiza glabra ?
A healthy radiant skin is often an indication of inner balance, proper nutrition, and peaceful disposition. According to Ayurveda, each person has a unique skin type depending on their unique mind. Good Food is one of the important ones for maintaining a glowing skin.
Licorice is also known in different Languages
- Licorice meaning in Telugu, licorice in Telugu Known as Athimadhuram.
- licorice Meaning in hindi as Mulathi.
- Licorice Root Meaning In Tamil as Yastimadhu.
Benefits of Glycyrrhiza glabra Or licorice root powder for skin
Licorice root has been used as a part of Ayurveda Medicine for hundreds of years as some way to lighten dark spots that seem caused by excess sugar intake, sun injury or pollutants, all of which might speed the aging method once it involves the skin.
Licorice root extract for skin
Beautiful and glowing skin is desirable to every person. A clear skin and a glowing complexion attract the people. Skin becomes rough, irritated, dry during seasons and age. Skin is the largest organ in the body that reflects your true health status and plays the main role in diagnosis and treatment.
Licorice powder skin lightening
Licorice root is one of the mainly used herbs worldwide. It is used by Egyptians as the flavouring for a drink called Mai Sus. Licorice is the root of the plant called Glycyrrhiza glabra, a legume related to beans and peas that is native to southern Europe and parts of Asia.
It likes well-drained soils with full sun and it was harvested about two-three years after planting. A perennial it grows to 3 – 7 feet high. The fruit is small only about 1 inch long. The root is both used for health benefits and skin benefits. Licorice root has been used historically for a number of ailments including asthma, fatigue, depression, cold and flu, gingivitis, tooth decay, heartburn, liver problems, ulcers.
What is liquorice root good for?
Licorice could be taken directly by mouth who are suffering from Mouth ulcers, Stomach Ulcers, Heartburn, Gastritis, sore throat, cough, bronchitis, and infections(which could cause by Bacteria), It works very effectively for all these problems.
Licorice Root Benefits For Skin
1. Licorice root for Skin Brightening
Licorice root for skin is very effective. It makes the skin look fairer by brightening its color.
2.Licorice Root Useful For Fade Blemishes
Use of Licorice helps to fade blemishes and dark spots. The use of Licorice tea helps in keeping skin hydrated and moisture from within.
3. Licorice Root Protect Skin From Sun Burns
Licorice root decoction could be used as a sunscreen lotion to protect the skin from sunburns and tan. It protects the skin from UV rays. It helps the skin by protecting the skin from the sun.
4. Licorice Root Antioxidant Properties
Antioxidant pantioxidantn Licorice extract helps the skin to combat the conditions caused by free radicals. Ingredient present in Licorice licochalcone helps in regulating oil formation on the skin.
- Licorice also contains a compound called Liquiritin. This chemical is particularly useful for treating melasma(is a tan or dark skin discoloration).
- Melasma is a tan or dark skin discoloration and is particularly common in women, especially those who live in areas of intense sunlight exposure, are pregnant or are taking oral contraceptives.
- So not only Licorice is anti-inflammatory but it also contains compounds that enhance skin penetration, provides skin lightening properties and treats melisma.
Licorice Root Powder for Face Mask
- Take a small bowl and mix together 1 tablespoon powdered Licorice with 1 tablespoon yogurt.
- Apply the mixture evenly to face and neck. Wash off with warm water after 30-35 minutes and soon everyone would be asking you about your beauty secret.
Licorice Root Extract for Dark Spots
Here is one way to get rid of unwanted dark spots, especially on light skin. Licorice root extract works well and quickly within a week or two you will probably see the spots begin to fade.
Licorice Root Extract for Skin Pigmentation
- Licorice Root interrupts the enzymes that activate melanin production, making it a natural skin whitening agent.
- It prevents future hyperpigmentation while improving existing dark spots on your skin.
- Licorice is also a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it will help your skin by reducing any swelling or redness and aid the regeneration of your skin for a more balanced complexion.
Licorice Extract for Skin Whitening
The properties present in Licorice extract is very useful for skin whitening so Licorice extract for skin whitening is a very effective one.
Licorice Juice Extract Hyper pigmentation
In many parts of the world, Licorice extract was used to treat hyperpigmentation or the darkening of skin and nails due to high levels of melanin.
Have You read my Previous article About Manjistha Herb Used for Blood Purification click here to get more information